*** A quick tip before using AMBOSS to prepare is to make sure your Study Objective is set to Step 1 in the Account > Career & Study Profile section of the platform. This way, your Analysis section will be relative to AMBOSS users preparing for Step 1, and your Learning Recommendations within Analysis will also be relevant to this exam. Additionally, if you decide to activate our Highlight or High-Yield features within the Knowledge Library, the corresponding content will include what the AMBOSS Editorial team has deemed high-yield for Step 1.
1. Log in to your AMBOSS account here.
2. On the left sidebar select Qbank > Custom Session
3. Click the Exam drop-down menu and select USMLE Step 1
4. Apply any other filters you would like to further customize your study session
5. Click Start on the bottom right corner. Exam mode is designed in a way to simulate your exam, while Study mode allows you to access features that will help you delve into the topics tested in the questions. Learn more about these modes here!
To access our Step 1 Library and Articles:
You can open up the corresponding article alongside a question by clicking the underlined keywords in Qbank answer explanations, as shown below:
You can also directly access our entire Step 1 Library here, and look through Articles by discipline (eg. Biochemistry, Pathology, etc) or by system. Alternatively, you can search for key terms in the search bar.
USMLE Step 1 Study Plan
USMLE Step 1 45-day Study Plan
You also have the option to create your own Study Plan for Step 1, tailored to your own study schedule and exam dates. You can do so here!
With Dr. Zebulon Tolman, Chief Editor at AMBOSS
Learn to recognize different question types and work toward the correct answer.
AMBOSS x AnKing: Step 1 Study Techniques
With the AnKing team
Make spaced repetition your go-to memorization method.
Answering Your Step 1 FAQs
With Dr. Sean Robert Huff and MD/MBA student Andrew Luo
Get informed with first-hand experience on Step 1.