First and foremost, I want to say that I am absolutely in love with AMBOSS and think that it is the best learning platform in the market as of right now.
Here are some of the things I love:
- Search Function is phenomenal and almost always accurate. I'm not sure if that's a front end or back end thing but for an inhouse search bar, Its really accurate.
- Image Quizzes. I love this so much. It's so easy to look at an image and think you actually internalized it but in actuality did not, this really helps mitigate that. Would love a way to centralize quizzes that I have taken so that I can requiz my self on a later date.
- UI/Html: Front end team really made an absolutely beautiful platform. I mean even the color scheme is nice to look at. It really is a beautiful website.
- Split screen Qbank: I love nothing more than not having to change tabs to find the relevant information.
That being said, there are a few things I would love to see in the future.
1. List of topics for desktop.
As of right now I have noticed there is only a list option available for iOS. Being able to have all of the relevant information for an upcoming exam or a specific class on desktop would be incredible. So, the ability to generate multiple lists would be even better.
2. Multiple study objectives & Specific study objectives
Being that I am still a medical student, study objectives aren't very helpful because they are not structured in synchrony with my class NBME exams. I understand this feature exists in custom sessions but I love the structure and scheduling aspect of study objects and would love that extra implementation there. For instance, I would love to choose the relevant articles and have AMBOSS generate a study plan based on those articles.
3. Article usage algorithm
I would love to see a list of articles that I have been looking at on my dashboard that can be filtered in different ways. For instance, most frequently viewed, lest frequently viewed, discipline, system, etc.
I love the idea of being able to take notes, however I only seem to see that they are centralized on iOS not on desktop. Having a centralized base where we can review them and edit them would be superb.
5. Flashcard Deck for each article/ centralized flash card deck
This is a feature that I have noticed that Osmosis and USMLERx has and would love to see it on AMBOSS. For instance, after reading an article or a specific section we can not only use the Qbank feature but also use a flashcard feature to ensure that we read actively rather than passively or for in a referencing manner.
Ultimately, AMBOSS is an amazing service and think that you are all doing a fantastic job. I would love to see these features in the future, but in the meantime, I will continue using the platform.
Looking forward to hearing back!