First and foremost, I want to say that I am absolutely in love with AMBOSS and think that it is the best learning platform in the market as of right now.
Here are some of the things I love:
- Search Function is phenomenal and almost always accurate. I'm not sure if that's a front end or back end thing but for an inhouse search bar, Its really accurate.
- Image Quizzes. I love this so much. It's so easy to look at an image and think you actually internalized it but in actuality did not, this really helps mitigate that. Would love a way to centralize quizzes that I have taken so that I can requiz my self on a later date.
- UI/Html: Front end team really made an absolutely beautiful platform. I mean even the color scheme is nice to look at. It really is a beautiful website.
- Split screen Qbank: I love nothing more than not having to change tabs to find the relevant information.
That being said, there are a few things I would love to see in the future.
1. List of topics for desktop.
As of right now I have noticed there is only a list option available for iOS. Being able to have all of the relevant information for an upcoming exam or a specific class on desktop would be incredible. So, the ability to generate multiple lists would be even better.
2. Multiple study objectives & Specific study objectives
Being that I am still a medical student, study objectives aren't very helpful because they are not structured in synchrony with my class NBME exams. I understand this feature exists in custom sessions but I love the structure and scheduling aspect of study objects and would love that extra implementation there. For instance, I would love to choose the relevant articles and have AMBOSS generate a study plan based on those articles.
3. Article usage algorithm
I would love to see a list of articles that I have been looking at on my dashboard that can be filtered in different ways. For instance, most frequently viewed, lest frequently viewed, discipline, system, etc.
I love the idea of being able to take notes, however I only seem to see that they are centralized on iOS not on desktop. Having a centralized base where we can review them and edit them would be superb.
5. Flashcard Deck for each article/ centralized flash card deck
This is a feature that I have noticed that Osmosis and USMLERx has and would love to see it on AMBOSS. For instance, after reading an article or a specific section we can not only use the Qbank feature but also use a flashcard feature to ensure that we read actively rather than passively or for in a referencing manner.
Ultimately, AMBOSS is an amazing service and think that you are all doing a fantastic job. I would love to see these features in the future, but in the meantime, I will continue using the platform.
Looking forward to hearing back!
Thanks so much for providing this feedback! We're so glad you're enjoying the platform, and really appreciate you taking the time to let us know which features you like the most, as well as ones you'd like to see on AMBOSS in the future.
In particular, I think the ability to have multiple and more specific study objectives that line up with your university's curriculum would be beneficial. This would allow students to incorporate AMBOSS into their every day learning, not just for their USMLE preparation!
Additionally, the ability to create and easily access multiple lists, as well as your notes within articles on the desktop version of the platform definitely makes sense, and we have received similar feedback in the past. An integrated flashcard feature is also a great idea, as this would promote more interactive learning on AMBOSS.
Lastly, I really appreciate your article algorithm suggestion. Article recommendations would be extremely helpful for students, and our Product team will look into how this could work on the platform.
I have passed all of this feedback along to our Product team, so these features might be implemented in the future! Please feel free to reach out to us with any further feedback, or if any questions come up. Take care!
Leave a comment