When you enable mobile support, our add-on inserts a tiny snippet to your card templates. This allows for pop-up explanations when using AnkiMobile, AnkiDroid or AnkiWeb. Enabling mobile support will not affect your custom card formatting in any way and importing updated decks will work as normal. The code snippet added by the add-on is also fully removed if you disable mobile support.
For the pop-up explanations to continue working on mobile, you will need to regularly sync with the desktop version of Anki (e.g. once or twice a month). If you review your cards both on desktop and mobile, then this should happen automatically, so you don’t have to do anything other than use Anki as you normally would.
Pop-Up Explanations on Desktop vs. Mobile:
- Image support: The pop-up explanations on mobile do not include images just yet. We are planning to add this in a future update - please let us know here if that’s something you’d like to see! We make improvements based on users wishes and needs.
- Closing tooltips: You can dismiss tooltips either by tapping on them, or by tapping on the card.
Disabling Anki Mobile Support (Beta)
- Go to AMBOSS → Settings
- Remove the check mark under “Enable Mobile Support (Beta)"
- Confirm by clicking "Save"
- Sync your devices to see changes on mobile